Senior Designer // Visual Systems
At Grand Studio, there is no divide between contractors and full-timers. We’re in this together, so our contractors get all the support, opportunities and team perks that our full-timers do. We are currently searching for a senior contractor in Visual Systems to join our teams to explore digital products and services in a consulting environment.
Is Visual Systems your cup of tea?
- You are all about reinvigorating a brand and bringing a fresh, creative perspective
- Your brain is wired to navigate and communicate the aesthetics: colors, typography, grid systems, and iconography
- You are meticulous about rulesets for design systems, minimal yet impactful
- You understand the foundations of visual design, but you also know when to embrace a different approach if needed
- You welcome variety as a designer, continuing to improve your strengths while contributing to other disciplines within a design process
Our expectations for an applicant
- Professional creative experience in a consulting or in-house environment
- A rich understanding of the end-to-end design process and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform a visual design system
- A portfolio of case studies that shows a mastery designing for a diverse set of digital products or services grounded in user, business, and technical insights
- Comfort in crafting new visual language or extending an existing design system
- Experienced in communicating with technology teams and other stakeholder groups
- Comfortable in delivering production-ready specifications for technology
- Available to work with us on-site is preferred. This may be a remote role or remote flexible if the project allows
Senior Designers are driving us forward
Our Senior Designers are passionate about finding the right design methodologies to craft unique approaches to challenging client projects. They help project teams uncover actionable insights around customers and design the most compelling digital products and services grounded in user value. They are versatile to help determine project strategy, mentor teammates, and create client deliverables.
At our studio, not only will you contribute to the success of client projects, but you will have a ground floor opportunity to help build our culture and design practice with us. We invite you to be a part of the journey of evolving a consultancy fit for designers, built by designers.
Benefits at Grand Studio
- Potential to move to a full-time role within the first three months
- Office events like shuffleboard, boat tours, video arcades and special lunches
- Snacks, fresh fruits and veggies, coffee, tea, beer, and more
- Quick access to the Loop from downtown River North
- Happy hours, birthday celebrations, and team dinners