Designer // Visual Systems
At Grand Studio, there is no divide between contractors and full-timers. We’re in this together, so our contractors get all the support, opportunities and team perks that our full-timers do. We are currently searching for a contractor in Visual Systems to join our teams to explore digital products and services in a consulting environment.
Is Visual Systems is your cup of tea?
- You are all about reinvigorating a brand and bringing a fresh, creative perspective
- Your brain is wired to navigate and communicate the aesthetics: colors, typography, grid systems, and iconography
- You are learning about rulesets for design systems, minimal yet impactful
- You understand and apply the foundations of visual design
- You welcome variety as a designer, continuing to improve your strengths while contributing to other disciplines within a design process
Our expectations for an applicant
- Professional creative experience in a consulting or in-house environment
- A familiarity with the end-to-end design process and evidence of using appropriate methods to inform a UX design system
- A portfolio of case studies that shows growth in designing for a diverse set of digital products or services grounded in user, business, and technical insights
- Comfort in crafting new visual language or extending an existing design system
- Exploration in mood boards, style tiles, type design, grid systems, color theory, accessibility guidelines, and production-ready specifications
- Experienced in shared tools including Sketch & Zeplin, InVision, and Adobe products
- Available to work with us on-site. This is not a remote role.
Designers are driving us forward
Our Designers are passionate about building their craft, contributing to new projects, and learning the design process at a consultancy. They help project teams to design the most compelling digital products and services grounded in user value. Designers continue to build on their design skillsets, seek out guidance from others, and expand their design toolkit — learning how to create a variety of design artifacts and present solid rationale to our clientele.
At our studio, not only will you contribute to the success of client projects, but you will have a ground floor opportunity to help build our culture and design practice with us. We invite you to be a part of the journey of evolving a consultancy fit for designers, built by designers.
Benefits at Grand Studio
- Potential to move to a full-time role within the first three months
- Office events like shuffleboard, boat tours, video arcades, and special lunches
- Snacks, fresh fruits and veggies, coffee, tea, beer, and more
- Quick access to the Loop from downtown River North
- Happy hours, birthday celebrations, and team dinners