Senior Designer // Research & Insights
At Grand Studio, there is no divide between contractors and full-timers. We’re in this together, so our contractors get all the support, opportunities and team perks that our full-timers do. We are currently searching for a senior contractor in Research & Insights to join our teams to explore digital products and services in a consulting environment.
Is Research & Insights your cup of tea?
- You love to learn about people: their traits, mental models, behaviors, and motivations
- Your brain is wired to form patterns and insights across a mixture of people, environments, and scenarios
- You understand a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods and know when to apply them to the challenge at hand
- You seek out opportunities to connect the dots from research to potential solutions
- You welcome variety as a designer, continuing to improve your strengths while contributing to other disciplines within a design process
Our expectations for an applicant
- Professional research experience in a consulting or in-house environment
- A rich understanding of the research process to inform product strategy and design solutions
- A portfolio of case studies that shows a mastery for conducting quantitative and qualitative research studies, synthesizing findings, and presenting directional insights. Bonus points for an eye for visual communication
- Fluent in tools needed to conduct research activities, from analog to digital
- Experienced in communicating with recruiters and other stakeholder groups
- Comfortable in creating research insights presentations and stakeholder workshops
- Available to work with us on-site is preferred. This may be a remote role or remote flexible if the project allows
Senior Designers are driving us forward
Our Senior Designers are passionate about finding the right design methodologies to craft unique approaches to challenging client projects. They help project teams uncover actionable insights around customers and design the most compelling digital products and services grounded in user value. They are versatile to help determine project strategy, mentor teammates, and create client deliverables.
At our studio, not only will you contribute to the success of client projects, but you will have a ground floor opportunity to help build our culture and design practice with us. We invite you to be a part of the journey of evolving a consultancy fit for designers, built by designers.
Benefits at Grand Studio
- Potential to move to a full-time role within the first three months
- Office events like shuffleboard, boat tours, video arcades and special lunches
- Snacks, fresh fruits and veggies, coffee, tea, beer, and more
- Quick access to the Loop from downtown River North
- Happy hours, birthday celebrations, and team dinners